We are so proud to be part of a national movement to elect progressive District Attorneys committed, as we are, to creating a more humane and just justice system. We are so proud that Durham has been one of the leaders in that effort. We are so proud and want to continue building our momentum as a leader in community and criminal justice. Thank you, as always, for helping to make this possible. Please know how much we appreciate your support.
TAKE A LOOK AT THE 2019 ANNUAL REPORT
This report will give you an up close look at the incredible new direction that our DA office is taking, all made possible because of your vote and your support. Highlights include:
- An expansion of restorative justice approaches that seek to repair harm, change unsafe behavior, and connect people to needed resources.
- Convictions on some of the county’s oldest pending homicide cases.
- Discouraging the use of money bail and reserving pretrial incarceration for serious offenses.
- Working to waive unpaid traffic debt preventing residents from being able to restore their drivers’ licenses.
- Hours of staff training on racial bias, drug court, forensic science, trauma, victims’ rights, and more.
- Prioritizing victims’ needs.
- Securing a rare human trafficking conviction.
- Meeting monthly with law enforcement, victim advocates, and nurses to review the results of sexual assault evidence kit testing and pursue criminal charges.